Friday 25 September 2015

End of Attachment Week 6 ✅

Week 6 Day 1, 21st September 2015, Monday:
My day didn't start off that well for some reasons. Anyway, I reached the centre early as usual (8:40am). I was settling myself down in the K1 class when it was nearing 9am, when the principal approached me and asked if I could join the children for their outing. This is the second time I'm joining them for their outing so suddenly. I grabbed my bag and joined the children who were putting on their shoes. I had completely no idea where they were going until I asked a K2 girl and she replied: "Land Transport Gallery".

It was my first time there and I must say the gallery was very cool! They structure the gallery such that some parts of it were behind doors which opens up like the MRT door. Even though it was a children's trip, I learned so much from it too! Like how a 'rattan man' is used as a traffic light in the olden days and how bus tickets from the past looked like. (:










Week 6 Day 2, 22nd September 2015, Tuesday:
Such a long day cause I stayed till 6pm to make up 2 hours for polling day. As the teachers got the children to colour some printed template of lanterns to be hung up as decorations, I helped them cut out the templates, stick on cellophane papers and glue the different parts together to form a mini lantern. This entire process took close to 6 hours from my lunch break to about 6pm before I left..




Week 6 Day 3, 23rd September 2015, Wednesday:
Stayed till 6pm again to make up another 2 hours for polling day. Broke down in front of Teacher Christabel and I was glad she gave me that short 'counselling' session. She told me something like I shouldn't stress myself too much because of others because I'm going to be the only one suffering. Who would have thought that an 8-week attachment would give me so much stress and unhappiness?

Reflection:
This week has been a real hectic, till the extend that I broke down so many times. PMS, stress and feeling so tired of everything. I know it's inevitable to work with people with different working style, but I just find it so tiring to keep trying to work and communicate with them. A parent workshop should be a fun assignment to complete but yet I'm not even enjoying a single bit of the preparation. Seriously can't wait for FPA4 to end! No point ranting so much when I still have to face it and complete the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment