Friday 2 October 2015

End of Attachment Week 7 & FPA 4 ✅

Week 7 Day 1, 28th September 2015, Monday:
Stayed in the office most of the time to finish up the documents and powerpoint slides needed for the workshop. We also tried to make a small portion of snow skin and it turned out good (like finally)!

Week 7 Day 2, 29th September 2015, Tuesday:
Put up a 'banner' sort of thing for the workshop with the help of Teacher Christabel. Hung up the lanterns made by the PG, N2s and K1s! Also did some finalizing of work before workshop the next day.






Week 7 Day 3, 30th September 2015, Wednesday:
It was finally the day of our FPA4! I reached the centre at 8:40am+ to realise that the tables have yet to be set up at the studio. Then, I proceeded to the kitchen with all the ingredients and started weighing them. After that, we set up the tables at the back of the studio. Parents started to came in at about 9:30am+ to watch their child's performance.

After parents dispersed from the studio, we had to quickly moved the tables to the middle of the studio, set up the powerpoint slides and ran back and forth to the kitchen to bring the ingredients and equipment. Thankfully, the parents were very patient and nice! :) So we began the workshop ~ During the hands-on segment where parents got to make their own mooncakes with their child, I was really happy to see the parents participate so actively and the smiles on their faces showed that they were enjoying themselves!! And to my surprise, one of the parents even said that the mooncake was very nice LOL. She also asked when will there be similar workshops conducted again.

During post-conference with Miss. Jean, she congratulated us on the completion of the workshop and said that we did very well! Then.. I started getting emotional and started to tear a bit ~ Because I thought of all the things I did for workshop: going out so many times to buy ingredients/materials (I'm a very lazy person), communicating with a mentor who is constantly making changes to our workshop, getting feedback from teachers and the cook on how to improve the flow of the workshop and the taste of the mooncake, trying again and again when a batch of mooncake fails, the many times I broke down due to stress, etc. Then I thought of all the positive feedback from the parents... really made me feel like: WOW. I actually accomplished all these and parents appreciated our effort! Miss. Jean was so nice, she even gave us a hug.. (: It really wasn't easy preparing and conducting a workshop, especially a workshop on the topic of making healthy mooncakes (which was brought up by the mentor) which we were totally unfamiliar with. From knowing nothing about making mooncakes, step by step we had to learn before we can even teach the parents.

Anyway, 30th Sept was my birthday. But ya, nothing much because the 1/3 of the day was spent at the centre preparing, conducting the workshop and taking a short nap (I didn't really fall into deep sleep) after lunch. Mum came to fetch me home after attachment and I had dinner with the family at the tzechar stall at the coffee shop just below my house, in comfortable t-shirt, PE shorts and slippers!


Reflection:
One more week to the end of this practicum attachment. Omg, can't wait! Even though I go down to the centre about 3 - 4 times a week, I don't feel as emotionally attached to the centre as much as my Year 2's centre where I go down only once a week. I'm so so so glad that FPA4 is over. At the same time, I feel really exhausted like both physically and mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment