Friday 28 August 2015

End of Attachment Week 2 ✅

Week 2 Day 1, 24th August 2015, Monday:
As part of the usual routine, the K1s had to visit the washroom before heading to the playground for outdoor play. In the toilet, Child A was punished for his misbehavior and so his play time was removed and he had to stay in class with Wang Yan 老师. At the playground while K1s were playing, Teacher Christabel explained to me why she chose to punish Child A in the specific way due to the child's character. I really like how Teacher Christabel always explains to me the way she carries out her lessons, the teaching method she uses and how she disciplines each child base on their character. It really showed me the professional side of an early childhood educator. (:

After outdoor play, it was their Chinese lessons as usual by Wang Yan 老师. And again, she surprises me with the interesting lesson she carries out. As I sit in for the lesson, I was also engaged throughout as she made the lesson so fun and interesting! Today, her topic of discussion was on 'whales'. She made children think if whales are actually fishes and made them explain why. After getting the children responses, she then moved on to explaining why whales are not fishes as they do not breathe through gills. Through the lesson, I also learnt from her that whales breathe in water and they can store water in their body for 2 - 3 hours before they have to swim to the surface to spray out the water from their blowhole. Wang Yan 老师 even made a simple whale to show children how  the water is being sprayed out. She glued a small spray bottle (filled with water) in between 2 laminated cut outs of whales. She provided each child with 2 straws and a piece of tissue for them to place inside the spray bottle so that they can blow into one of the straws and water would be squirt out from the other straw, so cool!


For lunch, Elena and I headed to Far East Plaza. $15 for a bowl of ramyun that taste like instant ramyum with an egg ~



Week 2 Day 2, 26th August 2015, Wednesday:
The K1s went to S.E.A Aquarium today so I stayed in the centre and helped out with the PGs and N1s. We spoke to our mentor regarding the 4 field practicum assessment, assessed the first aid kit and then had our lunch! For lunch, we had...


Rice with stir-fried eggs with long beans and chicken and some sauce! I really need to learn my lesson and stop being taking so much rice LOL cause I had to force myself to finish the rice in the end.

After lunch, I just assessed the centre and wrote down some notes ~ And I came home feeling unwell with slight sore throat, flu and body ache. ):

Week 2 Day 3, 27th August 2015, Thursday:
Feeling so uncomfortable now with the flu omg. Anyway as usual, I helped out in the K1 class. For Chinese lesson, the K1 were provided with small portions of egg cartons and paint. They needed to paint the egg carton (body of the fish) with whichever colour they like and later on add the eyes, fins and tail. So creative!


And for lunch we had... rice with chicken and tofu soup + stir fried spinach + 榨菜! So good!!


After lunch, Elena and I stayed in one of the rooms in the office to do our work and chatted with this cute P1 boy, Hayden. And his Chinese name was Yu Zhe, omg handsome name ~ Rested a bit as I kept sneezing non-stop T.T

Week 2 Day 4, 28th August 2015, Friday:


Finally the end of week 2! Due to the haze, the K1s had their physical activity in the studio instead of the playground. Teacher Christabel played some exercising and dance videos for them to follow. They were so cute when they're following the actions from the videos!

When the K1s were showering, I went in and learnt from Peng Lao Shi (educarer) how she conducts the showering routine as I would be doing it in 2 weeks time for Elena to mentor me. After that, I had my lunch I had fusilli with tomato sauce and minced chicken!


Reflection:
Time passes so fast and another week is gone ~ This week has been rather productive as we really looked into the checklist to assess the centre. I feel slightly more comfortable in the centre now as I'm more familiar with the teachers. FPA 1 is next Tuesday and I've to finalize everything by this Sunday. Hope that FPA 1 goes well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment